SA SPRINT CHAMPIONSHIPS
- A team will be selected to compete at the SA Sprint Champs, on 12 February 2022, after the second league meeting, which will be held on the 5th of December 2021.
- An athlete will have to have participated at, at least, one of the two meetings, in the correct distance (eg. Age-groupers must compete in the Sprint-distance.)
- The selection committee will then use a known, tested formula to choose a team to represent the region.
SA TRIATHLON CHAMPIONSHIPS
- A team will be selected to compete at the SA Triathlon Champs, on the 19th of March 2022, after the third league meeting (23/1/2022). This will also be the Eden Championships.
- An athlete will have to have competed at, at least, two of the three meetings. Again, athletes must compete in the correct distances. If no Standard distance is allocated for any events, an athlete will have to have competed in, at least two Sprint distance meetings.
- A formula will be used to calculate/generate Standard (Olympic) distancetimes from the Sprint-results.
- The selection committee will then choose a team, from the generated results, to take part at the Nationals.
- All medical certificates / formal excuses for a specific meeting, must be
handed in, in writing, before or on the race day. This can also be mailed to
Corné Hattingh. No late excuses will be accepted.
- The selection committee will have the final say in the composition of the
team. Any grievances / queries must be done, in writing, via the Club
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR DUATHLON SOUTH AFRICAN CHAMPIONSHIPS – 3 JULY 2022
Kindly take note that the following selection criteria will apply in the selection of athletes for the Eden Team to participate in the SA Duathlon Championships on 3 July 2022:
|1.||The Rules and Regulations of Eden Triathlon will apply at all times in the selection of Athletes for the Eden Team;|
|2.||The following events will be held by Eden Triathlon for the 2022 Duathlon season:|
|2.1||10 April 2022 – League # 1;|
|2.2||24 April 2022 – League # 2;|
|2.3||15 May 2022 – League # 3;|
|2.4||12 June 2022 – Open|
|3.||An athlete shall only be considered for selection if the athlete:|
|3.1||Participated in at least 2 (Two) of the first 3 (Three) events (2.1 – 2.3 above);|
|3.2||Participation should be in the correct distance, if the athlete wants to be eligible to be selected for the Eden Team in that distance;|
|3.3||If no Standard distance is allocated for any of the events, an athlete who wants to be selected for the Eden Team in the Standard- or Long distance, should then participate in the Sprint distance;|
|3.3.1 A formula will be used to calculate/generate Standard- or Long distance times from Sprint distance results|
|3.4||If an athlete wants to be eligible to be selected for the Long distance (the distance longer than the Standard distance), participation should then be in the Standard distance;|
|3.5||Has a finishing time in at least 1 (One) of the events that falls within 20% (Twenty percent) of the SA first place time of the previous year in his/her age group.|
|4.||If an athlete is not in the position to attend an event due to medical reasons, a valid medical certificate needs to be provided within 2 days after the race day, confirming that the athlete was not able to participate on the race day.|
|5.||If an athlete is unable to attend an event due to any other reason than a medical reason, the Executive Committee needs to be informed in writing before or on the race day. The decision by the Executive Committee to accept such written reason shall be final and binding.|
|6.||If an athlete does not comply with the Selection Criteria and is of the opinion that he/she can achieve the standard required, such an athlete may submit a written request and motivation through his/her Club Chairman to the Chairman of Eden Triathlon. Such a written request and motivation should be done within 3 (Three) days from date of announcement of the selected Eden Team. Selection of such an athlete shall be at the sole discretion of the Selection Committee, however selection will only take place if exceptional circumstances exist for the non-compliance by the athlete.|